Card Board Authority

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Card Board Authority

Card Board Authority

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Board Authority

Sports Card Trade Site

January 2022 Trade Totals

4 posters

World Series Picks

dlackey
    dlackey
    Admin
    Admin

Activity Points : 27242
    CBA Points : 679
    Location : Dennis Lackey 674 Piney Creek Road East Rose Bud, AR 72137

World Series Picks Empty World Series Picks

Post by dlackey Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 am

Ok baseball season has started up so was wandering what you guys/ladies think about your predictions for this years World Series. Lmk who you think will make it, maybe even a couple teams from each league. also lmk whay you pick them.

i'm hoping my Reds get there this year but if i were to try to predict it i would go with these two teams

National League -- Los Angeles Dodgers

Seems to be a lot of talent offensively with Kemp and Ethier, Gordon looks solid at SS and their starting pitching with Kershaw, Billingsley looks to be tough.

American League -- Detroit Tigers

We all know now that this team can hit, if the starting pitchers can help out Verlander this team will be hard to beat.

Thanks and lmk,
    Dennis
    redbird4
    redbird4

Activity Points : 69
    CBA Points : 3

World Series Picks Empty Re: World Series Picks

Post by redbird4 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Representing the NL are the Cardinals (of course!). The reason? Our pitching staff is beyond solid 1-5. If any of them under perform (Westbrook, Lohse) we have room in our system to manuever guys around or even trade/sign another pitcher. Yadi being the catcher is nothing but a positive. If the hitters even hit so-so I think it wins the division. In the playoffs our pitchers are capable of outdueling anybody else's pitchers. Will we miss the bat of Pujols? Sure, but I think it's more of a "team" now instead of a one-man show. Everybody picks up the slack.

The Reds scared me more last year than this. But I will say I think they have the best GM in baseball and he'll always have them contending. I'll be a Reds fan again when/if Baker leaves.

I must agree with you in the AL. The Tigers look awfully hard to beat and I think they should be the AL team in the series. But it seems the Yankees always have some kind of say in it. I don't think the the team will come from the AL West. It would be kind of fun to see some team like the Orioles, Indians or Royals rise up and make the playoffs.
    redbird4
    redbird4

Activity Points : 69
    CBA Points : 3

Post by redbird4 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Of course the key to any successful team and season is health.
    Clemson2012
    Clemson2012

Activity Points : 237
    CBA Points : 10

Post by Clemson2012 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm

National League- Atlanta Braves. The pitching staff is prob the best it has had since the Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine days. With Hanson, Jurrjens, Hudson, Minor, and Beachy. Lots of young talent there. They all just have to remain healthy as Hudson, Jurrjens, and Hanson all got injured after all star break. On offense they have some good young hitters and Veterans if they can become consistent with Freeman, Heyward, McCann, Uggla, C. Jones. Lots of power there.

American League- Detroit Tigers if there starting 5 can keep the runs down as that team is loaded to score runs with Fielder & Cabrera.

Atlanta Wins WS in 6 games against Tigers Very Happy
    dlackey
    dlackey
    Admin
    Admin

Post by dlackey Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Royals and Nationals do something. They seem to be the surprise teams so far this year even though it is just a week old season. Still pulling for the Reds though but Bailey, Leake are going to have to step it up in the rotation. Cueto and Latos will be fine and i think Arroyo will be decent as always, not great but decent.

Dennis
    jeffery328311
    jeffery328311

Activity Points : 2132
    CBA Points : 24

Post by jeffery328311 Thu May 03, 2012 8:39 pm

i used to be a die hard braves fan,(but i hate ted turner) i will go for them or the royals
    dlackey
    dlackey
    Admin
    Admin

Post by dlackey Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm

I picked the Tigers from the AL but rethinking that now as the Rangers look very good. Still saying the Dodgers in the NL but i'm sure the Phillies once they get some off the injured reserve they will make a run for it and the Cardinals look good.

Dennis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:08 am